Make this recipe copycat Santa Fe Salad from Chili’s Bar and Grill, it is beyond zesty! I always order this yummy dish of greens when I go eat at the local restaurant. If you’re looking for the easy copycat version that is so delicious, check out this recipe.
Grilled chicken is always a great selection when you’re planning your weekly meals. My kids love chicken and if I create this recipe, I will set aside a few pieces of grilled chicken for them. The Santa Fe sauce can be a little too much zest for toddlers. You can incorporate the protein into your everyday salad, with a santa fe twist.
Santa Fe Chopped Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Lawry’s
Santa Fe Chili Marinated with Lime and Garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (10 oz) torn romaine lettuce, about 8 cups
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup drained canned whole kernel corn
- 1 medium avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish
- Add 1/2 cup of the marinade, turn to coat well
- Refrigerate 30 mins or longer for extra flavor
- Removed chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade
- Grill chicken over medium heat 6-7 mins per side or until cooked through, brushing with 2 tablespoons of remaining marinade
- Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Mix sour cream, milk, cilantro, and remaining 2 tablespoons marinade in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth
- Arrange lettuce on large serving platter
- Top with chicken, beans, corn, avocado, tomato, cheese and onion. Or toss all together and mix well
- Serve with dressing and tortilla chips if desired
I absolutely love this easy grilled chicken salad. It’s a light yet fulfilling meal that is a crowd pleaser when you take it as a side platter. The chicken is an excellent protein for to satisfy your hunger! The low carb ingredients are perfect for your weekly dinner option if you’re on a special diet. My family likes to add pico de gallo as an additional topping, you’ will love the taste.
If you love barbeque sauce, then you must try the BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad recipe! It’s one of my favorites, and you can alternate between chicken or tri-tip for this salad.