Who doesn’t love fresh homemade hot cinnamon rolls?! I found a great recipe that makes delicious Cinnabon copy-cat rolls that melt in your mouth. I like to indulge in one or two of these, however, my husband loves when I bake & doesn’t hold back. He easily gobble these with no regret. You don’t want to know how many of the buttery biscuits he’ll attack 😏.
This is seriously the best damn cinnamon roll you will ever have! Just make them with a bit of enthusiasm while you jam out to great music. Check out the full recipe..
Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 2 Cups of Warm Water
- 2 Packages of Active Dry Yeast (find it in the baking aisle)
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Melted Butter
- 6 Cups of Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Stick of Butter (salted or unsalted)
- Mix the 2 packages of active yeast and 2 cups of warm water (mix until it dissolves)
- Add 1/3 cup of melted butter and 3 cups of flour, Mix
- In a separate bowl: whisk 2 eggs, then add them to the 1st bowl and mix ingredients
- Add remaining 3 cups of flour to your bowl (add 1 Tablespoon of water at a time, if its too hard to mix)
- Cover the dough with a sheet of wax paper and towel on top
- Let the dough sit in a warm area for 45 mins to rise (may take longer if it’s not if the area isn’t warm enough)
- Preheat oven to 350* (set dough next to oven stove top to be near warm area so it may rise quicker
- Once dough is ready….
- Use your counter or lay our a pastry cloth and sprinkle flour on top
- Roll out the dough
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter and brush it onto the layer of rolled out dough
- Spread 1 cup of brown sugar over the butter layer, the more the merrier!
- Sprinkle your cinnamon all over the brown sugar layer, you can add as much as you’d like
- Roll up the dough and slice into pieces (1 inch thick rolls)
- Place rolls on a non-stick or greased pan
- Bake for 13-18 mins, or until golden
- Let them cool
Note: For extra gooey rolls, mix in a separate bowl these additional ingredients: 1 stick of melted butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and rub onto the top of the rolls before placing them in the oven.
Cinnamon Roll Icing Recipe
- 1 stick of butter
- 3-5 cups of powdered sugar (or more for consistency)
- 4-6 Tablespoons of Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl
- Add the powdered sugar and mix
- Slowly add the milk and vanilla, mix
If you don’t like the consistency (too runny) add more powdered sugar, if it’s too thick..you can add more milk (1 tablespoon at a time).