BBQ Chicken chopped salad is my favorite copy-cat recipes is hands down, this awesome flavorful salad is originally from Stonefire Grill. If we don’t have time to make this dish, we order it for take out. This makes a killer side platter to any summer bbq and gathering. Check out the recipe and let me know what you think!
My boys truly enjoy this on those hot summer days, when it’s ridiculously too hot to turn on the stove top. I love to make this for family picnics and serve my platter with garlic bread sticks. Surprisingly, my boys love the creamy texture and veggies that are tossed into this beautiful salad mix.
BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad Recipe
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cooked and drained black beans (canned)
- 1 cup corn kernels cooked and drained (canned)
- 3/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup monterey jack shredded cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1.5 cup chopped or cooked grilled chicken, tossed with 1.5 tsp BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled tortilla chips/strips
- 1 cup bottled ranch dressing
- 2-3 Tbsp bottled BBQ sauce, to taste
- Fill a salad bowl with a mixture of chopped lettuces
- Add beans, corn, cabbage, carrots, cheese and tomato
- Add chicken
- Chill until serving time
- Just before service, sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, and tortilla chips
- Toss with ranch mixed with BBQ sauce
- Optional: You can substitute grilled chicken with Tri-Tip
This is my favorite salad to make with simple ingredients at home and for my summer cookout events. A great way to keep it fresh when you serve this outdoors, is to place a tray of ice then your platter dish directly on it to keep it cool. I also like to place food tents over my outdoor picnic items, to keep the little critters away from my side dish.
I’d love to hear if you gave this recipe a try! You can find me making different recipes on my Instagram Stories @darlingtomboy, this is where you’ll get more behind the scenes for the recipe testings.
DarlingTomboy may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post, at no additional cost to you 😉 thank you for supporting this blog.
(Adopted from DailyNews!)