On those fall and winter days when I like to pretend that I’m Betty Crocker, I like to whip up some delicious desserts. My safe zone dessert, that I won’t ever screw up 😆, Lemon Bars! I fell in love with the Costco Lemon Bars and since they’re not always available, I needed to recreate them. The best part of this easy dessert recipe, it’s only 5 ingredients that you can find in your home.
5 Ingredient Lemon Bar Costco Copycat Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter, chopped
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 2 1/4 Cups of Flour
- 4 Eggs
- Juice of 2 Lemons (3/4 cup)
- Zest of 2 Lemons, fine
serves 9-12 Lemon Bar Squares
- Pastry Base; Blend 1 cup of chopped butter, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 cups of flour
- Pasty Base; Press into a 9×13 inch Bake Pan, greased
- Pastry Base; Bake at 325* Degrees, 20 mins
- Lemon Topping; Whisk 1.5 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of flour, 4 eggs, zest of 2 lemons, juice of 2 lemons (3/4 cup) – Whisk all ingredients until Sugar dissolves
- Let it sit for 10 mins, set to thicken, Whisk Again
- Pour onto base of Pastry
- Bake at 350* Degrees, 20-25 mins
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar, optional
The pastry base can be flaky, which is more of a crumble style base layer. You’ll want to use a food processor to get the crumble flaky layer, or you can opt to use the good ol’ baking whisk. I used our mixer (on low) and my pastry base layer was more of a thick dough-like base. Still taste amazing!
Zachary helped me with our dessert recipe, he had to make the lemon layer. It was a simply recipe that didn’t require too many kitchen gadgets, which I love. Plus, my toddler helped get his tiny hands in the kitchen. Don’t let his cute little smile fool you, this was actually a full on Tantrum (photographed below).
This easy recipe is awesome for the holidays, your friends and family will love the lemon sweet tart taste! It’s one of my favorite go-to sweet treat that won’t ever fail my party guest. It’s a quick recipe to whip up within the hour, no need to wait for it to chill overnight. Just bake all of the goodies within an hour and you can serve it once it’s cool and ready to devour.