Philly Cheese Steaks are my favorite, I recreated the low carb recipe that is full of protein! I absolutely love this easy dinner meal, you can make it within 35 minutes. Perfect for anyone who is on the keto or low carb diet, and simply trying to control their carb intake. You can add fun toppings like olives, pepperoni or provolone cheese, I used monterey jack cheese since that’s what I had in my home at the time.
Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Recipe
- 1-2 lbs Beef Flank Steak
- 3-4 Bell Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/2 White Onion
- Seasoning Salt
- 1-2 cups of Shredded Cheese
- Slice beef flank steak into strips, season with pepper and seasoning salt
- Slice bell peppers and onion into thin strips
- On medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter
- Fully cook seasoned beef flank steak, set aside
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter into skillet, caramelize onions and bell peppers
- Add beef flank meat into skillet with peppers
- Mix the bell peppers and meat together
- Top with 1-2 cups of shredded cheese, allow it to melt
This is my favorite recipe that is filling, the protein will keep you full and you can avoid overeating the carbs with this delicious one pan skillet. I used a cast iron skillet, next time I may add more toppings. If you like to prep your weekly meals in advance for busy weeknights, you can slice your veggies and meats, freeze them and allow yourselves to make cut down your prep time during the week.
You can also have this one pan skillet meal when you’re outdoors! Especially for those summer camping trips, you can just grill the meat and heat up the veggies in foil while the meat is cooking. I will create this meal on our next camping trip and share the experience! What are your favorite one skillet or one pan meals?
Try this Recipe Next: Mexican Street Corn