Huevos, salsa and fresh Cacique cheese are breakfast ingredient heaven! Tuesday morning was full of adventure in my kitchen. Seriously, I was tired of my typical simple and boring breakfast. I wanted Eggs in a basket, with a Mexican recipe twist. Check out my Huevos Gringos recipe!
To make this super easy Mexican Huevos Gringos (an alternate recipe of Huevos Rancheros), you will just use one skillet and a few ingredients.
Recipe Ingredients that you’ll need:
* 1 or 2 Slices of Bread
* 2-4 Eggs, one will be over easy/sunny side up
* Sour Cream
* Shredded Lettuce
* Green Salsa
* Cacique Cheese
Note: I don’t cook with Oil or Salt, so you may want to add some cooking oil or Pam to have your egg not stick to the skillet. I use a non-stick pan for my cooking to avoid using oil.
- Toast your Bread
- Add a light Spread of Butter on your Toast
- Scramble 1-3 Eggs
- Cook 1 Egg Sunny Side Up/Over Easy
- Lay the eggs on top of your Toast
- Sprinkle Shredded Lettuce as a layer
- Add Sour Cream
- Splash Tapatio and Green Salsa
- Crumble the Cacique Cheese as the final topping