Need an easy ground beef recipe? Shepherd’s Pie is my favorite way to feed my mini army with little effort. I love it because it’s loaded with veggies, protein and some carbs, yummy!!!
Make use of vegetables that you already have in your home, to make this recipe. We used two pounds of ground beef and lots of mashed potatoes. I think my portion was a bit too much for my family. However, this is an awesome recipe to make as a main dish or side dish.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite meat seasoning
- 2 packages Birds Eye Steamable Mixed Vegetables, or freshly chopped veggies of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 Bob Evans original mashed potatoes, 24 oz. container, or freshly made mashed potatoes
- 4-8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar of gravy
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cook 1 pound of ground beef on skillet, medium-high temperature.
- Add 2 tablespoons of seasoning, mix and cook thoroughly, set aside
- Microwave 2 packages of Birds Eye Steamable Mixed Vegetables, or clean, steam and cook freshly made vegetables
- Place hot vegetables into a mixing bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon of butter, allow it to melt
- Microwave your 24 oz container of Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes according to package
- If you are making freshly made mashed potatoes, create your recipe then set aside
- In a baking dish, layer ground beef, gravy, warm vegetables, mashed potatoes
- Spread shredded cheese evenly
- Bake in the oven to melt the cheese and warm, 5-8 mins.
- Serve warm with your favorite garlic bread
My boys loved this! I originally made this recipe with homemade mashed potatoes but on a busy weeknight, we like to use premade refrigerated options. Serve this with warm garlic bread and you will be in carb heaven! The alternative to making this low carb would be: broccoli, squash, other low carb vegetables and mashed cauliflower. I can see this as a total keto hit as well! I might make that alternative as a separate recipe post.
Check out this Dessert Recipe: 5 Ingredient Lemon Bars!